Tuesday, April 15, 2008

White Privilege and Responsibility

Ooookay, so it's been months since my last post, and I have, like 4 people who ever read this blog, but I have stuff to say now, and I hope those 4 people will enjoy it. :-)

I'm going to be writing a few posts on race, b/c with the recent events in the feminist blogosphere concerning BFP and Amanda Marcotte and Seal Press and the WOC bloggers who are justifiably nonplussed by the kid gloves with which the situation is being handled by some of the big blogs, combined with Traister's recent article that really articulates some of my issues with the Obama campaign, to ABW's call for allied posts, and Jay Smooth's reaction to Alicia Keyes' comments, and a conversation I found myself having at dinner the other night (no link for that one, I'll be discussing it later), I just think it's important to be talking about this. I mean, holy cow that's a whole lot of linkage right there that's happened in the last few days!

So, I have to be getting to work right now, but I wanted to get these links up there so that any of you 4 (and I do love that I have even 4), who missed any of this can get caught up, and then discussion can begin.

See you soon,
KMP

No comments: